Video: Israeli warplanes bombed research center near Damascus – Syrian state news agency
30 January 2013 – RT
Israeli fighter jets targeted a military research center near Damascus early on Wednesday morning, Syrian state news agency SANA said citing army officials.
The Syrian army’s general command has issued a statement, saying an airstrike was launched by the IAF targeting a military research center in Jamraya, rural Damascus.
“Israeli fighter jets violated our air space at dawn today and carried out a direct strike on a scientific research center in charge of raising our level of resistance and self-defense,” the army statement said as cited by SANA.
The strike caused material damage to the center and a nearby building, killing two workers and wounding five others, the statement added.
The Syrian military also rejected reports that the Israeli warplanes targeted a convoy headed from Syria to Lebanon. It called the strike a “blatant act of aggression” against Syria and accused Israel of supporting terrorist activity in the country.
The Israeli military has neither confirmed nor denied the reports of attacks on Syrian territory, an IDF spokeswoman said they “do not comment on reports of this kind.”
Earlier there were reports in the media of an attack by Israeli jets on Wednesday morning striking a target on the Syrian-Lebanese border amid repeated violations of Lebanese airspace. It is unclear whether this is the same air raid the Syrian military is now referring to or if there were two separate assaults.
Hopefully related posts:
- ‘Two killed, five injured in Israeli airstrike on Syria’s research center’
- FSA and Israel attack Syrian research center
- Video/Photos: Bombing press: Israeli strike on Gaza media center injures at least 6
- Fall of Syrian Government, Prelude to an Attack on Iran. British and Qatari troops preparing military incursion through Turkey By Global Research News
- Damascus issues arrest warrant for Lebanon’s Hariri
- Video:Pro-Assad rally in Damascus decries ‘one-year conspiracy’
- Black Box of Free Syrian Army Is Back in Damascus
- Video: Nuke carrier leads US strike force into Syrian waters — RT
- Video: US double standards: Indirectly arming Syrian rebels? — RT
- Video: Wag the dog: How to cook-up Syrian drama