26 July 2013 — williambowles.info
10 June 2013 — williambowles.info
We Steal Secrets a WikiLeaks Documentary
Movie News Guide (blog)
We Steal Secrets is a misnomer. The truth is that WikiLeaks, the subject of the documentary, doesn’t steal any secrets. The web site serves as an electronic drop box that users use to publish documents anonymously. The information posted on the site …
5 June 2013 — williambowles.info
Since the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001, the peoples of the world have witnessed successive governments in the United States that have demonstrated little if any respect for fundamental considerations of international law, human rights, and the United States Constitution itself. Continue reading this...
14 March 2012 – Stop NATO
- UN: Russia Calls For Probe Into NATO’s “Massive Bombings” In Libya
- Western Demands For Syrian Regime Change Fuel Conflict: Russia
- Caucasus, Central Asia: “Arab Spring” Brings Destabilization To Russia’s Borders
- U.S. Drone Strikes Kill At Least 16 In Pakistan
- No Missile Shield Deal Likely By NATO Summit: Russia
- CIA Chief, Turkish Prime Minister Conspire On Syria, Kurdistan Workers Party
- 580,000 U.S. Troops Transit Yearly: Pentagon Chief In Kyrgyzstan
- Six Facilities In Europe, Africa, Middle East: U.S. Navy Holds Exercise
- Thailand Hosts Joint Air Drills With U.S., Singapore
- U.S. Marines Train Ugandan Troops For Wars Abroad, At Home
- Uganda: U.S. Army Builds Combat Interoperability With African Militaries
18 February 2012 – Power of Narrative
In a recent essay, I mentioned Matt Taibbi as one of the examples of a phenomenon I call “The Obedient Dissenter,” and said I would be examining that phenomenon in further detail soon. This isn’t that lengthier analysis, but more in the nature of a sneak preview.
Abstractions Versus the “Real World”: Economic Models and the Apologetics of Greed By Prof John Kozy
13 February 2012 — Global Research
Economists build models by subtracting from reality the characteristics they deem unessential to the economic situations they model. The result is a bare bones description consisting of what economists deem economically essential. Everything that is discarded (not taken into consideration in the model) is called an “externality.” So the models only work when the externalities that were in effect before the models are implemented do not change afterward. The realm of economic models can be likened to the realm of Platonic Ideas. Both realms are static and unchanging throughout all time. Unfortunately the real world constantly changes. Since externalities are excluded from all economic models and can be expected to change after any model is implemented, all economic models necessarily fail. Economists are frauds and economics amounts to nothing but an apologetics of greed.
3 January 2012 – Fairness & Accuracy In Reporting
The new issue of Time magazine promises on its cover ‘Essential Info for the Year Ahead.’ One apparently essential report: U.S. drones are awesome.
The report–written by Mark Thompson, available to subscribers only explains that a ‘hot military trend’ this way:
Today’s generals and admirals want weapons that are smaller, remote-controlled and bristling with intelligence. In short, more drones that can tightly target terrorists, deliver larger payloads and are some of the best spies the U.S. has ever produced, even if they occasionally get captured in Iran or crash on landing at secret bases.
23 December 2011 — williambowles.info
WikiLeaks founder helped Army private get data, prosecutors say
Los Angeles Times
During closing arguments in the pretrial hearing of Army Pfc. Bradley Manning, prosecutors flashed excerpts of chat logs to the courtroom that they alleged showed WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange coaching Manning on how to decode computer passwords to …
3 October 2011 — Stop NATO
- Almost 200 Days Of Bombing: 24,574 NATO Sorties, 9,164 Strike Sorties
- Commander: NATO To Turn Libyan Operations Back Over To AFRICOM
- Pentagon Chief ‘Reaffirms’ Ties With Israel, Egypt, Palestine, NATO
- U.S. Army Africa: Massive Expansion Of Italian Base For American Troops
- Australian Defence Chief Flies To Brussels For NATO Talks
- Serbs Set Up Concrete Barricade In Northern Kosovo
- Afghan, Pakistani Armies Arrayed For War