22 July 2020 — The Lowdown
Some good news: the NHS has successfully lifted its hospital occupancy to pre-COVID levels despite the current challenges, according to figures revealed by the Lowdown.
This week too Sarah Jane Downing writes in the Lowdown about her personal campaign to improve the safety of hospitals and we analyse what steps should be taken after several damning inquiries into hospital failures.
Please share our content and do let us know if you have a story you think we should cover from your area. We will be taking a short break in August but will be back soon.
Thank you for your support.
- Bed figures show NHS has bounced back already
- My fight for safeguards in private and NHS hospitals
- Cumberlege inquiry: Patients are still being harmed by our healthcare system
- Sussex mega-trust foments fears of cuts
- CCGs caught short-changing mental health services
- CQC calls for intervention at failing trust
- CSU bosses speed up plans for job cuts
- Is Johnson pondering an NHS power grab?
- Privatisation Protest at St Mary’s Hospital, Manchester
- South West London hospital plan referred to Matt Hancock
With thanks and best wishes
Paul, John, Sylvia, Molly & Martin
NHS Support Federation