18 June 2004 — Scoop
Distribution via the Unanswered Questions Wire
Sign up for the wire at: www.unansweredquestions.org/headlines.php
Unanswered Questions : Thinking for ourselves.
Is the 9/11 Commission Blinded by Hindsight? Whistleblowers, Family Members Raise Need for Separate Investigations 9/11 CitizensWatch www.911citizenswatch.org
For immediate release:
(Washington, DC): 9/11 CitizensWatch, a public group working to monitor the national 9/11 Commission and demand transparency, accountability and a thorough investigation will hold will hold a press conference to allow victims, family members and other independent researchers and concerned citizens to voice their response to the hearings and their options if the Commission report does not satisfy their questions about the events, or their demands for accountability. This event will take place on Friday, June 18 at the Morrow Room of the National Press Club at 9:00 am. Press and the public are invited to attend. C-SPAN3 will be broadcasting the conference live.
Confirmed speakers include: Rosemary Dillard, American Airlines supervisor for Flight 77, lost her husband. Abraham Scott, lost his wife in Pentagon attack. April Gallop, survivor of the Pentagon attack.
“In their second round of testimony concerning FAA/NORAD and national command response to the attacks on 9/11 the Commission seems to have been blinded by hindsight, focusing on a timeline that conflicts with both published reports, witness and pilot statements and earlier testimony by officials. Detailed testimony about delayed communications and flawed responses leaves the impression that prior to 9/11 FAA and NORAD were incapable of responding to air emergencies in a timely fashion, yet they had done so dozens of times each year in the past. The Commission praises NORAD and criticizes the FAA for their inability to intercept or stop the Œsuicide hijackings’ on 9/11, blaming the unprecedented nature of the attacks. However both agencies violated standard operating procedures for air emergencies, which is what each flight was at he start of the scenario. Neither agency knew that they were hijackings or suicide missions at the start, but they did know commercial aircraft were in trouble and failed to respond as they had in the past,” said John Judge, co-founder of the group.
Testimony and staff statements at the two-day hearing failed to address scores of remaining unanswered questions being raised by victims’ family members and citizens about the events and the source of the mass murders of 9/11. The roles of Saudi Arabia and Pakistani intelligence in the funding of the operation were not mentioned. Nor was the obvious preparations in place well in advance of the attacks by the known targets, including CIA headquarters, the White House, and the Pentagon, which had surveillance radar and cameras in place to avoid a plane attack as early as 1999. The discrepancies in the official statements and unresolved areas of investigation have not been addressed to date by the Commission’s hearings, staff reports or statements.
“The families of the victims of 9/11 have expressed their rising frustration with the Commission process, conflicts of interest on the part of staff and Commission members, and the lack of accountability on the part of agencies and individuals whose actions or inaction made the 9/11 attacks possible. We join them in their call for transparency in this investigation, a thorough evaluation of all the facts, and release of documented evidence that leads to their final report’s conclusions. There is a rising expectation that the Commission will not answer our questions and that a public inquiry that involves family members, whistleblowers and pubic testimony of witnesses the Commission has overlooked will be necessary to any hope of finding the truth about 9/11,” said co-founder Kyle Hence
9/11 CitizensWatch, PO Box 772, Washington, DC 20004
9/11 CitizensWatch calls on the National “9/11 Commission” to:
* Ask hard questions to establish line of duty and national command response actions on September 11 that interfered with regular FAA/NORAD procedures concerning any air emergency that allowed hijackers to proceed without interception to New York and Washington, DC during a period of more than an hour from the time of the first controller alerts to the attack on the Pentagon.
* Explore multiple NORAD and government agency exercises responding to plane attacks being carried out well before the attacks and in the period just before and during the events of September 11.
* Address the remaining questions about the identities of the hijackers on September 11, and their connections to foreign intelligence agencies or other global networks.
* Reveal the historical and ongoing connections of US CIA and military intelligence agencies and operations abroad that supported the arming and training of militant Islamic mujehaddin through the administrations of Carter, Reagan, Bush, Sr., Clinton and the current Bush years.
* Explain the multiple specific advance warnings and dated forewarnings from foreign and unrevealed sources, as well as the lack of response that followed the August 6 presidential briefing warnings.
* Examine the subsequent anthrax mail attacks and the role of Project Clear Vision and Operation Jefferson, the Ames University DNA trail, the FBI role in destruction of the archive of evidence, and the investigative leads that point to its weaponization at Ft. Dietrick, a bio-warfare center in Maryland.
* Hold accountable those in the national command authority, the intelligence agencies, the military and Pentagon security apparatus surrounding DC, the National Military Command Center, and the current or past administrations for their historical role in supporting, and later failure to fully investigate, interdict, prepare for or respond to a terrorist threat inside the United States that had generated multiple warnings involving clear targets and methods of attack. This includes those in the current administration who failed to heed urgent warnings given by national security advisors and intelligence briefings, called off critical potential investigations and continued covert relationships with key figures in the global networks of militant Islamic fundamentalists and those they trained for terror.
* Release all non-classified records, recordings, photographs and films relating to the events of September 11, 2001 for public scrutiny and release all investigative records that substantiate the conclusions and recommendations of the 9/11 Commission report.
* Clarify their investigative record, including how much testimony was taken under oath, and how interviews and queries were preserved (recorded, transcribed or merely notes).
* Call for an end to secrecy in relation to security threats and rely instead on the collective security and common sense of an informed public.
* Respond to the serious questions raised by family members and CitizensWatch concerning all aspects of the investigation.
Contact: 9/11 CitizensWatch, 202-583-5347
STANDARD DISCLAIMER FROM UQ.ORG: UnansweredQuestions.org does not necessarily endorse the views expressed in the above article. We present this in the interests of research -for the relevant information we believe it contains. We hope that the reader finds in it inspiration to work with us further, in helping to build bridges between our various investigative communities, towards a greater, common understanding of the unanswered questions which now lie before us.
The Scoop website is at www.scoop.co.nz/
This Story is at www.scoop.co.nz/mason/stories/WO0406/S00206.htm