22 November 2012 — PCHR Palestinian Centre for Human Rights LTD (non-profit)
Israeli Occupation Forces (IOF) Continue Committing War Crimes in the occupied Palestinian territory (oPt)
New Israeli Military Escalation against the Gaza Strip
· IOF launched a new offensive on the Gaza Strip
· 156 Palestinians, including 103 civilians were killed IOF
· 33 children, 13 women and 3 journalists were among those civilians who were killed.
· 1,000 Palestinians, including 971 civilians, were wounded.
· 247 children, 162 women and 12 journalists were among those civilians who were wounded.
· IOF carried out 1,350 airstrikes, in which 1,400 missiles were launched.
– 55 houses were completely destroyed, while hundreds of other houses sustained damages ranging between big damage and partial damage.
– 2 mosques were completely destroyed, while another 34 mosques sustained partial or big damage.
– 8 governmental establishments, 13 security offices and police stations, and 2 bridges connecting the central Gaza Strip with the northern Gaza Strip were destroyed.
– 6 media offices, 6 health institutions, 28 educational institutions and 22 civil and charity associations were targeted.
– Dozens of agricultural lands sustained big damage.
·The IOF used excessive force to disperse peaceful protests organized by Palestinian civilians in the West Bank.
– 2 Palestinian demonstrators were killed; one in Ramallah and the other one in Hebron.
– 115 Palestinians, including 28 children, a woman, and a paramedic, were wounded in protests organized against the Israeli offensive on the Gaza Strip.
– 3 Palestinians, including a child, were wounded in protests organized against the annexation wall and settlement activities.
·The IOF conducted 77 incursions into Palestinian communities in the West Bank
– The IOF arrested 76 Palestinians, including 6 children, ex-prisoner Tha’er Halahla, and two women.
– 4 Palestiains, including 2 children, were wounded during incursions conducted by IOF. In addition, 2 of the wounded persons were arrested.
·Israel has continued to impose a total closure on the oPt and has isolated the Gaza Strip from the outside world.
– The IOF established dozens of checkpoints in the West Bank.
Israeli violations of international law and international humanitarian law in the oPt continued during the reporting period (14 – 21 November 2012). The first attack was conducted on Wednesday, 14 November 2012, when IOF extra-judicially executed the leader of Ezz Eddin al-Qassam Brigades (the military wing of Hamas movement), Ahmed al-Ja’bari, and his bodyguard. A comprehensive offensive was then launched on civil and military targets throughout the Gaza Strip. As a result, hundreds of Palestinian civilians, including a big number of children, women and elderly, were killed and wounded. Moreover, dozens of houses were destroyed and hundreds of others sustained damages, in addition to the destruction of governmental and private establishments. Several hours before the issuance of this weekly report, a ceasefire agreement was reached between IOF and the Palestinian resistance movements under the auspices of Egypt.
In the West Bank, dozens of protests were organized against the Israeli offensive on the Gaza Strip, where IOF used excessive force to disperse them. As a result, 2 Palestinian civilians were killed and dozens of others were wounded.
As part of the pattern of using excessive force against peaceful protests organized by Palestinian civilians, IOF used force to disperse demonstrators protesting against the annexation wall and settlement activities in the West Bank.
Israeli settlers in the West Bank have continued to commit crimes against Palestinian civilians. These attacks are conducted under the incitement of the Israeli government, encourages settlers to conduct more attacks in presence of Israeli soldiers, who offer protection to them. In addition, the Israeli government neglects to carry out investigations after complaints are filed by the Palestinian civilians against the settlers. These attacks are carried out in with the entire world as a witness and an Arab world and larger international community that remains silent, due to which Israel continues to commit more crimes, promoting the perception of Israel as a state above the law.
The full report is available online at:
For further information please visit our website (http://www.pchrgaza.org) or contact PCHR’s office in Gaza City, Gaza Strip by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or telephone (+972 (0)8 2824776 – 2825893).
*Office Hours are between 08:00 – 16:00 hours (05:00 GMT – 13:00 GMT) Sun – Thurs.