10 September 2013 — Voice of Russia
The government of the Russian Federation, including all of its ministries and governmental bodies whose scope of influence or operations include the exterior of Russia and in particular Syria and those countries influencing the situation in Syria, have from day one of the internal conflict fought to bring about a peaceful resolution to the conflict. The most visible efforts have of course been those of the Foreign Ministry of the Russian Federation and the Administration of the President of the Russian Federation and the President of Russia Vladimir Putin himself.
The unified and unwavering effort by Russia has been directed at: attempting to get all of the parties in the internal conflict to come to the negotiating table, obtaining a ceasefire and an end to the violence, and preventing external players from getting involved in the Syrian conflict. The last has been the most difficult because of the non-stop efforts of a certain country to recruit, finance, train, arm and import foreign terrorists and mercenaries into Syria to continue attempting to bring about the forcible removal of the president of the country Bashar al-Assad and a complete collapse of the government in Damascus.
The stance of the Russian Government on Syria has been consistent and based on international law, the respect for the sovereignty of all nations, the United Nations Charter as well as respect and understanding for all regional players. If a country could receive a Nobel Peace Prize for efforts to maintain peace then the Russian Federation should be a candidate for one, rather than a certain leader involved in three wars and itching to get involved in another.
Any reasonable, intelligent, unbiased and informed member of the human race, which includes you dear reader, cannot for a minute trust the credibility of a certain country that has:
1) openly and consistently called only for the removal of Bashar al-Assad by force;
2) targeted Syria for regime change to advance its regional geopolitical agenda;
3) through a proxy (Saudi Arabia) threatened a sovereign nation, the Russian Federation, with terrorist acts during the Olympic Games if it did not pull its support for President Assad;
4) has already killed over 300 Syrian troops in an aggressive attack by one of its proxies, Israel;
5) continues to back, fund, arm, import and support the most violent elements in the conflict, including al-Qaeda and other violent genocidal terrorist elements;
6) refuses to respect the opinion of the international community in its call for following international law;
7) refuses to recognize the authority and the role of the United Nations in all matters concerning Syria;
8) refuses to even consider any evidence that does not fit into its preplanned scenario of a military action against the legimtimate government;
9) has a continuing and long history of waging wars of aggression, in particular in the recent past, and of using chemical weapons;
10) has committed crimes against humanity, crimes against peace, war crimes, torture, illegal detention and extra-judicial execution, with self granted impunity;
11) has placed itself outside of the law by passing laws and drawing up plans to invade the International Criminal Court (ICC) and the Hague if one of its war criminals is arrested;
12) has also placed itself outside the law by attempting to launch and gain support for another war of aggression on a country which in no way threatens its own security, outside of the framework of the United Nations, the only body in the world with such an authority and one which was established to prevent exactly what that country is doing;
13) drew a “red line” for war and then brought about the conditions to make that war possible by orchestrating, through Saudi and al-Qaeda elements, a heinous crimes against humanity.
There are more reasons why you, dear reader, must not make the mistake of believing statements by that country but those are the main ones.
The Syrian “Opposition”
The term opposition is a misnomer when applied to the Wahabist-al-Qaeda-foreign mercenary- terrorist forces operating in Syria. These forces are non-state actors and are operating entirely outside of the law. The term “opposition” forces which has been applied by the West since day one seeks to add credibility to what are in fact genocidal, murderous, mass-killers-for-hire and even cannibal elements.
Opposition means a political force that has an alternative agenda and tries to bring that about through peaceful political means. Opposition is not a force that has one goal; to remove the president. That applies to the West’s “opposition” in Russia as well.
“Opposition” stands up and makes their voice heard during debates, votes, etc., it does not launch chemical weapons attacks or try to remove a government and president by force using foreign imported weapons and fighters.
True nature of Syrian “opposition”
The monsters that the country in question (US) is backing and whose army is getting ready to risk their own lives to support have committed and continue to commit crimes of such a brutal nature that there are almost no words one can use to describe the true horror. These include:
1) the infamous ‘Cannibal Commander” who was filmed cutting out and eating the organs of a Syrian soldier;
2) the sawing off of the heads of two men of God, two innocent Christian priests;
3) the regular brutal execution of countless captured soldiers, innocent civilians, women and children;
4) regularly raping and then executing women and girls and dumping their bodies in the street;
5) mass kidnappings, murders and executions of civilians and non-combatants;
6) treating non-Muslim civilians, women and children as animals by twisting and defiling Islamic law;
7) real and ongoing genocide;
8) the launching of over 15 chemical weapons attacks on civilians;
9) and lastly the mass kidnapping and killing of over 426 children to allow for an invasion pretext by their paymasters.
Mass murder of children
According to Thierry Meyssan in an article at Voltaire net, “All observers have noted the high proportion of children among the victims. The United States has counted 426, or more than a third. Some observers, but neither those of the US nor their French counterparts, were intrigued to find that victims were almost all of the same age and they had no families to cry over them. The wide distribution of satellite channel images of victims allowed Alawite families near Latakia to recognize their children who had been abducted two weeks prior by the “rebels.” This identification was long in coming because there are few survivors of the massacre by the allies of the United States, the United Kingdom and France in loyalist villages where more than a thousand bodies of civilians were discovered in mass graves.”
Non-stop rape and execution
In a Media Blackout segment the San Francisco Examiner reported on the monstrous gang rape and execution of a 15-year-old girl named Miriam by the US and Western backed al-Nusra: “Once abducted, the girl identified only as ‘Miriam,’ was forced into a temporary marriage with the commander of Jabhat al-Nusra and raped. He then renounced their marriage, only to pass her onto another militant for the same treatment. One after another, a total of fifteen Islamist rebels “married” the young girl, raped her and renounced the marriage, a process which continued for more than two weeks. After all had their way with her, the girl was executed.”
Use of chemical weapons
The supporters of the terrorists operating in Syria continue to suppress and manipulate evidence with one Turkish publication (one of many) publishing information about the possession of chemical weapons by the “opposition”:
“Russia has called on Turkey to share its findings in the case of Syrian rebels who were seized on the Turkish-Syrian border with a 2 kg cylinder full of nerve gas sarin.”
Coalition of crime against peace
It must be underlined and noted that any and all countries that engage in or support any kind of a military operation in Syria that is outside of the United Nations Charter and without a United Nations Resolution are guilty of committing a Crime Against Peace and an act of aggressive war. They are also guilty of supporting the atrocities listed above against the secular and peace-loving Syrian people.
According to Rick Rozff at Stop NATO the coalition of the war criminals is growing and now includes (brackets by Rozoff): “… U.S. President Barack Obama and leaders of 10 other countries issued a joint statement on Syria,” these include: “The countries included Australia (NATO’s Partners Across the Globe), Britain (NATO), Canada (NATO), France (NATO), Italy (NATO), Japan (NATO’s Partners Across the Globe), Republic of Korea (NATO’s Partners Across the Globe), Saudi Arabia (NATO’s Istanbul Cooperation Initiative invitee), Spain (NATO) and Turkey (NATO).The new additions to the list of countries that stand behind the U.S. in its dealing with the Syria crisis included Albania (NATO), (neo-Ustasha) Croatia (NATO), Denmark (NATO), (apartheid) Estonia (NATO), Germany (NATO), (post-coup) Honduras, Hungary (NATO), Kosovo (“the world’s first NATO state,” not recognized by a majority of the nations in the world), (apartheid) Latvia (NATO), Lithuania (NATO), Morocco (NATO’s Mediterranean Dialogue, illegal military occupier of Western Sahara since 1975), Qatar (NATO’s Istanbul Cooperation Initiative), Romania (NATO) and the United Arab Emirates (NATO’s Istanbul Cooperation Initiative).
[Qatar and the United Arab Emirates supplied NATO dozens of warplanes for its Operation Allied Protector six-month air war against Libya in 2011.]
The state which continues to call for a military operation in Syria and hopes to destroy the government must eventually answer (in a perfect world) for non-state actors it has imported into the Syrian conflict.
The plan is clear, they want to destroy the country’s government and kill Assad in order to bring it under their control. It does not matter if the al-Qaeda elements commit genocide on the civilian populations.
Bolivian President Evo Morales said it best: “This intervention is intended to kill the president, massacre of members of the Government and the people of Syria, and to take control of the country, the US seeks geopolitical control and control over the oil fields in the Middle East . Obama is behaving as a ‘master of the world’, despite the fact that the UN did not support his plan for a military operation in Syria.”
Media suppression, lies and manipulation
The US has continued to ignore all of the facts and push for its one obtuse pre-planned objective, namely the killing of Assad and the destruction of the state, even ignoring the fact that the United Nations has had evidence that Syrian “rebels” have been using chemical weapons since May.
The Russian Federation continues to call on all parties in the conflict to cease the bloodshed and begin peaceful negotiations. Russia also calls on all of those who wish to internationalize the conflict to follow the rule of international law and abide by the United Nations Charter.
As it has from the outset Russia also calls on every party who has influence or can sway the forces in Syria to assist in bringing about a peaceful resolution to the conflict and to help stop the loss of life.
Peace cannot be won or secured in Syria through the use of arms or by a foreign military invasion. Those who have caused the conflict to tear the country apart for so long by introducing violent insane “cannibal” elements must be removed from any equation as it has become clear that they are only interested in destroying the country and killing the leader and not in the well-being of the Syrian people.