10 January 2013 — Palestinian Centre for Human Rights LTD (non-profit)
Israeli Forces Continue Systematic Attacks against Palestinian Civilians and Property in the occupied Palestinian territory (oPt)
· 2 Palestinian civilians, including a child, were wounded in the West Bank.
· The Israeli forces continued to fire at the Palestinian civilians in the border areas of the Gaza Strip.
· A dustman was wounded in the northern Gaza Strip
· The Israeli forces conducted 54 incursions into Palestinian communities in the West Bank.
· At least 26 Palestinian civilians, including 3 children, were arrested.
· The Israeli forces continued to use excessive force against peaceful protests in the West Bank.
· 4 protesters, including 2 children, were wounded.
· A Palestinian protestor and 2 Israeli human rights defenders, one of whom is from B’Tselem, were arrested.
· Israel has continued to impose a total closure on the oPt and has isolated the Gaza Strip from the outside world.
· The Israeli forces established dozens of checkpoints in the West Bank.
· At least 3 Palestinian children were arrested at checkpoints.
· Israel has continued efforts to create a Jewish majority in East Jerusalem.
· A house was demolished in Silwan village, south of the Old Town of Jerusalem.
· The settlers caused havoc to al-Nabi Dawood Mosque.
· Israel has continued settlement activities in the West Bank, and Israeli settlers have continued to attack Palestinian civilians and property.
· The Israeli forces denied farmers access to their lands, south of Hebron.
· The settlers smashed windows of a car in Bethlehem.
During the reporting period, the Israeli forces wounded 7 Palestinian civilians, including 3 children. 6 of the wounded, including 3 children, were wounded in the West Bank, while the seventh person was wounded in the Gaza Strip.
In the West Bank, on 03 January 2013, a Palestinian civilian was wounded when an Israeli undercover unit moved into the industrial zone, north of Jenin, to arrest a member of the Islamic Jihad. The Israeli forces then moved into the area amidst heavy fire. As a result, Fadi Ala’ Abdul Latif Ejawi, 24, was wounded by a bullet to the leg.
On 07 January 2013, a 17-year old boy was wounded during clashes in Beit Ummar village, north of Hebron. The Israeli forces moved into the village, deployed between the houses and started firing sound bombs and tear gas canisters. A number of boys gathered and threw stones at the Israeli soldiers. Israeli soldiers in return fired rubber-coated metal bullets. As a result, a child was wounded by a bullet to the right hand.
In the same context, the Israeli forces continued to systematically use excessive force against peaceful protests organized by Palestinians and Israeli and international activists against the construction of the annexation wall and settlement activities in the West Bank. As a result, dozens of Palestinians suffered from tear gas inhalation or sustained bruises. They were all treated on the spot.
In the Gaza Strip, on 05 January 2013, a dustman was wounded when the Israeli Forces stationed at the border fence, north of the landfill, north of Beit Hanoun, opened fire at a waste truck in the landfill. The truck was 150 meters away from the border fence between Israel and the Gaza Strip. Besides, the truck sustained material damage.
The full report is available online at:
For further information please visit our website (http://www.pchrgaza.org) or contact PCHR’s office in Gaza City, Gaza Strip by email (email@example.com) or telephone (+972 (0)8 2824776 – 2825893).
*Office Hours are between 08:00 – 16:00 hours (05:00 GMT – 13:00 GMT) Sun – Thurs.