3 January 2019 — Black Agenda Report
– Bruce A. Dixon , BAR managing editor The first hundred pages are a warm and fuzzy memoir of growing up on the black south side of Chicago. The next 300 pages are less truthful and far less interesting. This is a memoir with little reason to exist beyond its author’s celebrity.
– Glen Ford , BAR executive editorThe WSWS site has done a disservice to Marxism and to the Black Lives Matter movement with its ideologically-driven study of police killings in the US, focusing on dead white people.
– Margaret Kimberley , BAR editor and senior columnistWhether Democrats are openly obstructionist corporatists like Pelosi, or liberal sounding like Warren, they will not consider any meaningful systemic reforms.
– Ann Garrison , BAR contributorPaul Kagame’s troops most likely shot down a plane carrying two African presidents, igniting genocides that killed millions — but the Rwandan President has never been charged.
The questions below are offfered to help us look deeper into the crises of our Historically Black Colleges and Univerisites.
Danny Haiphong, BAR contributor
The U.S. military state overthrows democratically-elected governments that it deems to be a threat to corporate interests.
Raymond Nat Turner, BAR poet-in-residence
one of those sweltering summer nights, City of Angels, run by devils… Cruising Imperial Highway…
Jahan Chowdhry, BAR Comments Editor
Our Readers reacted to challenges to “niceness” in American society and the history behind Kwanzaa.
– Nellie Bailey and Glen Ford Click the link above for the entire one hour show, or any of the next three for the individual segment thereof Margaret Kimberley on Russiagate, the scam that will not die; Sara Flounders: Facts be damnned, US war party won’t accept defeat in Syria; NYPD “gang raids” a flimsy cover for mass arrests.
Mark P. Fancher
It is now far more difficult for imperialists to launch direct boots-on-the-ground military attacks on Africa without an explanation.
BAR Book Forum: Traci West’s“Solidarity and Defiant Spirituality and GerShun Avilez’s “Radical Aesthetics and Modern Black Nationalism”
Roberto Sirvent, BAR Book Forum Editor
Our authors reject the contention that Black nationalism was mostly concerned with upholding traditional patriarchy and heterosexuality — evils…
In the spirit of Harriet Tubman, we need to free Black America from the grip of the imperial Democratic Party plantation.