29 September 2020 — The lowdown
Evidence-based journalism and research on the NHS to create change.
The NHS is being reorganized, but under the radar. Contracts signed, but without scrutiny and NHS staff are working hard to reduce delays, but plans to expand the number of staff could be buried because of the Chancellor’s postponed spending review. Some of the issues that must be uncovered, and are in this week’s analysis, news and explainers.
Thank you for your support.
- Demand for mental health soars after patients abandoned in lockdown
- Government Covid contracts demand more scrutiny
- Dark side of the Moonshot exposed
- Crunch time for CCG merger bids
- NHS performance recovering, but record numbers are waiting
- NHS staff make personal appeal to PM on pay
- Phone ahead for A&E to avoid disappointment
- Royal Borough in revolt over Brompton takeover
- Why do people object to CCG mergers?
- Surgeries brace for impact of visa cuts
With thanks and best wishes Paul, John, Sylvia, Molly & Martin Lowdown team
NHS Support Federation