Syria
-
OPCW Investigator Testifies at UN That No Chemical Attack Took Place in Douma, Syria
A former lead investigator from the Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW) has spoken out at the United Nations, stating in no uncertain terms that the scientific evidence suggests there was no gas attack in Douma, Syria in April 2018. Continue reading
-
Syria News Links 10-23 January 2020
23 January 2020 — The New Dark Age There may be some duplication due to cross-posting and may be updated throughout the day, so please check back US, UK Diplomats Protest Against OPCW Whistleblower Giving Evidence to United Nations https://williambowles.info/2020/01/22/us-uk-diplomats-protest-against-opcw-whistleblower-giving-evidence-to-united-nations/ OPCW Inspector Debunks Doctored Syria Report. “The Chemical Weapons Incident That Never Occurred” https://www.globalresearch.ca/opcw-inspector-debunks-doctored-syria-report-the-chemical-weapons-incident-that-never-occurred/5701378 Continue reading
-
US, UK Diplomats Protest Against OPCW Whistleblower Giving Evidence to United Nations
Yesterday, a former engineer and ballistics expert with the Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW) delivered testimony via video link to an audience at the United Nations Security Council (UNSC), accusing the chemical weapons watchdog of intentionally burying exculpatory evidence from its Fact Finding Mission (FFM) report – evidence which would have exonerated… Continue reading
-
UN Security Council Hears OPCW Inspector Testimony About The Manipulation Of ‘Chemical Attack’ Reports
We have long maintained that the alleged chemical attack in Douma, Syria, on April 7 2018 was faked by Jihadists shortly before they were evicted from that Damascus suburb. Continue reading
-
Ex-Bush official: OPCW’s Syria cover-up recalls Iraq war lies
Former Bush administration official Col. Lawrence Wilkerson says that reports of US pressure on the OPCW’s Syria chemical weapons investigation in Douma recall the Bush administration’s coercion of the IAEA and OPCW before the Iraq war. Continue reading
-
WATCH: Wikileaks Documents Further Discredit OPCW
This video, made by RT, is a great rundown on the current state of the OPCW’s “official report” on the Douma incident. Put it simply: it is in tatters. Continue reading
-
Ex-Bush official: OPCW’s Syria cover-up recalls Iraq war lies
Former Bush administration official Col. Lawrence Wilkerson says that reports of US pressure on the OPCW’s Syria chemical weapons investigation in Douma recall the Bush administration’s coercion of the IAEA and OPCW before the Iraq war. Continue reading
-
Review: Tim Anderson, Axis of Resistance: Towards an Independent Middle East
Anderson’s Axis of Resistancetakes on the leftist position of ‘a plague on all your houses’. Yassin Al-Haj Saleh, ‘the intellectual voice of the Syrian revolution’ (for westerners), presents a bleak portrait of “three monsters … treading on Syria’s corpse’: (1) the Assad regime and its allies, (2) DAESH/ISIS and the other jihadists, and (3) the… Continue reading
-
Media’s Deafening Silence on Latest WikiLeaks Drops Is Its Own Scandal
WikiLeaks has published yet another set of leaked internal documents from within the Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW) adding even more material to the mountain of evidence that we’ve been lied to about an alleged chemical weapons attack in Douma, Syria last year which resulted in airstrikes upon that nation from the US, UK and France. Continue reading
-
WikiLeaks’ new leak: Senior OPCW official ordered deletion of ‘all traces’ of dissenting report on ‘Douma chemical attack’
The leadership of the chemical weapons watchdog took efforts to remove the paper trail of a dissenting report from Douma, Syria which pointed to a possible false flag operation there, leaked documents indicate. Continue reading
-
OPCW-DOUMA – Release Part 4
Today WikiLeaks releases more internal documents from the OPCW regarding the investigation into the alleged chemical attack in Douma in April 2018. Continue reading
-
Syrian Advisor to President Assad Warns of Operations Against US to Regain Syrian Oil
This week, Dr. Bouthaina Shaaban, a top political and media adviser to Syria’s President Bashar al-Assad, issued a warning of sorts to the United States – that Washington’s illegal three year occupation of various parts of northeastern Syria could be coming to an end. She warned that Damascus will not accept Washington’s open-ended military deployment… Continue reading
-
Syria News Links 23-24 December 2019
24 December 2019 — The New Dark Age There may be some duplication due to cross-posting and may be updated throughout the day, so please check back Militants attempt drone attack on Russian airbase at Syria’s Hmeymim https://tass.com/world/1102767 Russian, Turkish top diplomats discuss humanitarian aid to Syria, situation in Libya https://tass.com/world/1102733 Continue reading
-
Syria News Links 23 December 2019
23 December 2019 — The New Dark Age There may be some duplication due to cross-posting and may be updated throughout the day, so please check back How the Pro-War “Left” Fell for the Kurds in Syria https://williambowles.info/2019/12/23/how-the-pro-war-left-fell-for-the-kurds-in-syria/ Late-Stage Capitalism Is Creating A Brutal New Kind Of Global Despotism https://seeyouin2020.blogspot.com/2019/12/late-stage-capitalism-is-creating.html Continue reading
-
Douma, Syria News Links 23 December 2019
23 December 2019 — The New Dark Age There may be some duplication due to cross-posting and may be updated throughout the day, so please check back How the Pro-War “Left” Fell for the Kurds in Syria https://dissidentvoice.org/2019/12/how-the-pro-war-left-fell-for-the-kurds-in-syria/ Trump Turns on Russia and Syria in “Caesar Act” Ploy https://journal-neo.org/2019/12/21/trump-turns-on-russia-and-syria-in-caesar-act-ploy/ Continue reading
-
How the Pro-War “Left” Fell for the Kurds in Syria
The October decision by U.S. President Donald Trump to withdraw American troops from northeastern Syria did not only precipitate the Turkish offensive, codenamed ‘Operation Peace Spring’, into Kurdish-held territory which followed. Continue reading
-
Syria Launches New Idlib Campaign – UN Battle Over Control Of Aid For Syrians
The Syrian army campaign to liberate the terrorist held Idleb governorate was restarted yesterday. The campaign had been halted at the end of August after ceasefire negotiations between Turkey and Russia. Since then nearly a thousand people have died on all sides around Idleb during skirmishes, artillery attacks by rebels on Aleppo city and Syrian… Continue reading
-
Why Western Media Ignore OPCW Scandal
The credibility of the Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons is on the line after a series of devastating leaks from whistleblowers has shown that the UN body distorted an alleged CW incident in Syria in 2018. The distortion by the OPCW of the incident suggests that senior directors at the organization were pressured… Continue reading
-
Wikileaks: OPCW-DOUMA – Release Part 3
Today WikiLeaks releases more documents showing internal disagreement within the OPCW about how facts were misrepresented in a redacted version of a report on an alleged chemical attack in Douma, Syria in April 2018. Continue reading
-
Deluge of New Leaks Further Shreds the Establishment Syria Narrative
WikiLeaks has published multiple documents providing further details on the coverup within the Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW) of its own investigators’ findings which contradicted the official story we were all given about an alleged chlorine gas attack in Douma, Syria last year. The alleged chemical weapons incident was blamed on the Syrian government by the… Continue reading