1 December 2011 — Left Streamed
View on YouTube website
Toronto — Moderated by Greg Albo, featuring:
- Leo Panitch is a political economist and theorist based at York University, Toronto, and is co-editor of Socialist Register. His latest book (with co-author Sam Gindin) is The Making of Global Capitalism will be out in the Spring of 2012.
- Stephanie Ross teaches in the Department of Labour Studies at York University, Toronto, and is the co-director of the Centre for Research on Work and Society.
- Albert Scharenberg is a political scientist and historian and is the Head of the Scientific Advisory Board of the Rosa Luxemburg Foundation. He is a lecturer in politics and American Studies at the Free University of Berlin.
- Bill Fletcher is a longtime labour and international activist and the former President and chief executive officer of TransAfrica Forum. He is the executive editor of the Black Commentator, and founder of the Center for Labor Renewal. He is co-author (along with Fernando Gapasin) of Solidarity Divided.
- Part 5 includes a selection of Q+A responses by all the presenters.
Sponsored by the the Rosa Luxemburg Foundation, the Centre for Social Justice, and the Socialist Project.