8 July 2020 — The Lowdown
Boris Johnson promised to “fix social care once and for all”. After the last election, he backed this up with a pledge to provide a plan for solving social care within a year. We are still waiting for his plan, but in this week’s Lowdown, we show that there are more reasons than ever to leave behind an era of failed market based-solutions and build-up public provision.
Please share our content and do let us know if you have a story you think we should cover from your area.
Thank you for your support.
- Expensive failures could cost lives
- Could a national care service help solve the social care crisis?
- Sizing-up Johnson’s builder credentials
- Homerton Hospital: trust board sticks with outsourcing giant
- Celebrate the NHS and then protect it
- Will NHS England block plan to halve Epsom bed numbers?
- Top NHS managers want post-Covid changes – but not much of it
- £1m to set up lab project – but still no business case
With thanks and best wishes
Paul, John, Sylvia, Molly & Martin
NHS Support Federation