12 April 2021 — Moon of Alabama
Today CNN continued its long stint of publishing anti-Russian propaganda. But this video ‘report’ falls on several levels.
Unprecedented footage shows front line of Ukrainian conflict with Russia
As tensions with Russia continue to rise in eastern Europe, CNN gains unprecedented access to the Ukrainian president on the front line in Donbas, eastern Ukraine. Ukrainian military officials tell CNN they estimate more than 50,000 Russian troops are massing near the border. CNN’s Matthew Chance reports.
First – this isn’t news. Zelensky visited the troops at the frontline on Thursday. Second – the tensions are not ‘on the rise’ but have moved down a tack or two since Friday when Zelensky gave up and filed for peace.
In the video Zelensky and the CNN correspondent and camera team enter a helicopter. The voice over says: “CNN has gained this unprecedented access to the Ukrainian president on a carefully planned troop visit flying with him fast and low to avoid ground fire.”
Where please is that ‘ground fire’ supposed to come from when Zelensky is flying over Ukrainian held grounds towards some Ukrainian command post near the frontline? This is followed by scenes in which Zelensky, a trained actor, does telegenic hops over ditches.
Two minutes into the video CNN shows some military transports. The voice over says: “With growing tensions a dramatic buildup of Russian forces near the Ukrainian border and in Crimea. Cellphone footage has emerged of armored columns like this one. And military hardware being transported by rail towards the border.”
It is a quite interesting what footage CNN is using at that point.
Behind the train with the tanks there is a passenger train in the station. Its cars are blue with a yellow stripe, the colors of the flag of Ukraine.
The cars in the CNN video are obviously Ukrainian rail cars. Like this one which also features the Ukrainian state emblem.
Some searching reveals CNN’s source:
AnietBrander @AmbranderB –18:17 UTC · Apr 4, 2021
DUTCH DIGGER NEWS, [4 apr, 2021 om 17:49]
Ukrainian army sends train loaded with T-72 tanks to Eastern Ukraine. Video shows the train in Dnipro.
CNN uses footage of Ukrainian weapons moving to the front to claim that Russia is moving arms to the frontline. CNN knows its viewership. People who still watch it after four years of CNNRussigate nonsense will certainly not detect such fakes.
There is a lot of additional footage of ‘military hardware being transported by rail towards the border’ that CNN could have used. Here is a small selection of such tweets with videos from March 11 through April 1:
- Photo from a civilian in Dnepropetrovsk. “Ukry from the side of Dnepropetrovsk, without hiding through the stations, are driving hundreds of tanks on railway platforms! Today, about 7 trains have passed. Previously, All this equipment goes to #Donbass! hundreds of tanks and APC!
- Footage taken on 12/3/2021 of Ukrainian train transporting tanks to Donbass. #Ukraine #Russia #Donbass
- #Ukraine sends Tanks and APCs to #Donbass Front-line. Seven trains is not normal rotation !! part-1
- #Ukraine sends Tanks and APCs to #Donbass Front-line. Seven trains is not normal rotation !! part-2
- #Ukraine sends Tanks and APCs to #Donbass Front-line. Seven trains is not normal rotation !! part-3
- On March 17, a train with military equipment of the Ukrainian Armed Forces was seen in Sloviansk, including 122-mm self-propelled howitzers 2S1 “Gvozdika” and rocket launchers UR-77.
- Ukraine sends trains loaded with tanks, BMPs and howitzers to Eastern Ukraine to confront the Russian aggression.
‘… the Russian aggression!’
Those trains were all Ukrainian trains which, since early March, have been moving heavy weapon towards the frontline each and every day.
Of course none of those Ukrainian trains were reported by CNN as Ukrainian aggression towards its renegade citizens in Donbass. They were not reported on at all.
It were these unprecedented number of trains, together with the bellicose rhetoric coming from Kiev, that convinced Russia that something bad was being planned. Russia had to react to that and it did so in a convincing manner. Zelensky has folded and the crisis has, for now, been defused.
But that is, again, something you won’t learn on CNN.
One thought on “CNN – Ukrainian Trains With Heavy Weapons Going East Are ‘Russian Aggression’”