6 December 2012 — Palestinian Centre for Human Rights Ltd (non-profit)
Israeli Forces Continue Systematic Attacks against Palestinian Civilians and Property in the occupied Palestinian territory (oPt)
· The Israeli Forces killed a Palestinian civilian in the southern Gaza Strip.
· A member of a Palestinian armed group died of wounds he had sustained in the latest Israeli offensive on the Gaza Strip.
· The Israeli Forces killed a Palestinian civilian in the east of Tulkarm.
· 14 civilians, including 4 children, were wounded along the border fence in the Gaza Strip.
· The Israeli Forces conducted 47 incursions into Palestinian communities in the West Bank and a limited one into the Gaza Strip.
– Israeli Forces arrested 34 Palestinians, including 2 children and a woman with her son, in the West Bank.
· The Israeli Forces continued to target fishermen in the Gaza Strip
– Israeli Forces opened fire at Palestinian fishing boats.
– Israeli Forces arrested 20 fishers, including 5 children, and damaged a fishing boat’s engine.
· The Israeli Forces continued to use excessive force against peaceful protests in the West Bank.
– At least 2 Palestinian civilians were wounded in Bil’ein weekly protest, west of Ramallah.
· Israel has continued to impose a total closure on the oPt and has isolated the Gaza Strip from the outside world.
– The Israeli Forces established dozens of checkpoints in the West Bank.
– At least 2 Palestinians were arrested at checkpoints in the West Bank.
· Israel had continued efforts to create Jewish majority in occupied East Jerusalem.
– The Israeli municipality of Jerusalem demolished a commercial building and forced a Palestinian civilian to demolish his own house.
– The Israeli government offers projects of large settlement activities in occupied Jerusalem
– The settlers seized a residential building in Jabal al-Mukabber area.
· The Israeli Forces have continued settlement activities in the West Bank, and Israeli settlers have continued to attack Palestinian civilians and property.
– A mosque in Hebron in addition to a room and an agricultural barrack in Nablus were demolished.
– The settlers continued their attacks against the Palestinian civilians and their property.
During the reporting period, Israeli Forces killed 2 Palestinian civilians in the Gaza Strip and West Bank. Additionally, a member of an armed group died of wounds he had sustained during the latest Israeli offensive on the Gaza Strip. The Israeli Forces also wounded 17 Palestinian civilians, including 5 children; 14 of these civilians, including 4 children were wounded in the Gaza Strip, while the other 3 other 3 ones, including a child, were wounded in the West Bank.
In the Gaza Strip, on 30 November 2012, the Israeli Forces killed a Palestinian civilian in the east of al-Shouka village, east of Rafah. The abovementioned civilian was killed when the Israeli soldiers along the border fence to the east of Rafah opened fire at dozens of Palestinians. As a result, a civilian was wounded by a bullet to the pelvis and was transported to Abu Yusef al-Najjar hospital. Due to his serious injury, he was transported to Gaza European hospital in Khan Yunis. However, he was pronounced dead on Saturday morning, 01 December 2012.
On 29 November 2012, medical sources in al-Salam hospital in Egypt pronounced declared that Husam al-Hams, 36, died of serious wounds he had sustained during the latest Israeli offensive on Gaza, when an Israeli warplane launched a missile at 2 members of an armed group near a playground, west of Rafah. As a result of that attack, one of them was immediately killed and al-Hams was seriously wounded.
During the reporting period, the Israeli Forces wounded 14 Palestinian civilians, including 4 children, along the border fence while they were near the fence to challenge the Israeli decision to impose a buffer zone in the area.
On 29 November 2012, a 17-year-old boy was wounded when the Israeli Forces stationed along the border fence in the east of Beit Hanoun opened fire at group of Palestinian civilians and farmers near the fence.
On 30 November 2012, 10 civilians, including 2 children, were wounded when the Israeli Forces stationed along the border fence opened fire at them.
On 01 December 2012, 3 civilians were wounded when the Israeli Forces along the border fence opened fire at them.
On 03 December 2012, a Palestinian child was wounded when the Israeli Forces along the border fence opened fire at him in the east of al-Bureij refugee camp.
In the context of other shooting incidents, the Israeli Forces stationed along the border fence in the east of Beit Hanoun and Jabalya in the northern Gaza Strip, opened fire at Palestinian civilians and farmers, who headed to the border area to challenge the Israeli decision to impose a 300-meter buffer zone along the borders. It should be noted that hundreds of Palestinian farmers have been denied access to their lands in the mentioned area. These farmers decided to go to the border area in light of the announcement of the cease-fire agreement between Israeli and the Palestinian resistance groups.
The full report is available online at:
For further information please visit our website (http://www.pchrgaza.org) or contact PCHR’s office in Gaza City, Gaza Strip by email (email@example.com) or telephone (+972 (0)8 2824776 – 2825893).
*Office Hours are between 08:00 – 16:00 hours (05:00 GMT – 13:00 GMT) Sun – Thurs.