Palestinian Centre for Human Rights
08- 14 Jan. 2009
Israeli Occupation Forces (IOF) Have Continued Their War on the Gaza for the 3rd Consecutive Week under International Silence
IOF Offensive on the Gaza Strip
- 1,042 Palestinians have been killed.
- The victims include 698 civilians and 166 civil police officers.
- The civilian victims include 230 children and 76 women.
- IOF attacked medical and civil defense crews, killing 7 medical personnel.
- IOF attacked UNRWA vehicles, killing a driver.
- 3,901 Palestinians, mostly civilians, including 1,101 children and 552 women, have been wounded.
- 343 houses have been targeted and destroyed and hundreds of houses and flats have been damaged.
- 20 mosques have been destroyed.
- 46 workshops and industrial facilities have been destroyed.
- 41 security sites and public buildings have been destroyed, including those of ministries, governorates, municipalities, the Palestinian Legislative Council, and educational institutions.
- IOF have attacked two media institutions and a medical center
- A state of compulsory mass displacement of civilians has prevailed in border areas as a result of continuous air strikes.
- Access to food and medicines is extremely difficult, and electricity is completely cut off in Gaza City and the northern Gaza Strip.