22 November 2018 — PCHR
(14 – 21 November 2018)
- Israeli Forces Killed a Fisherman in the Northern Gaza Strip
- Israeli forces continued to use excessive force against unarmed civilians and peaceful protestors in the Gaza Strip
– 113 civilians, including 25 children, 3 women, 3 journalists, and 6 paramedics were wounded.
- Israeli forces continued to open fire at the border areas in the Gaza Strip
– 2 civilians were wounded and one of them was arrested
- Israeli forces wounded 15 Palestinian civilians, including 2 children and a journalist, in the West Bank, and the injury of one of them was reported serious.
- Israeli forces conducted 81 incursions into Palestinian communities in the West Bank, and 4 limited ones into the Gaza Strip.
– 70 civilians, including 16 children and a woman, were arrested in the West Bank.
– 22 of them, including 6 children and a woman, were arrested in Jerusalem.
– Among those arrested was Ahmed ‘Atoun, a PLC Member, and a whole family in al-Mukaber Mount.
- Israeli authorities continued to create a Jewish majority in occupied East Jerusalem.
– Three dwellings and 5 shops were demolished while a plot of land was levelled; all of them in occupied Jerusalem and its suburbs.
– The Israeli Municipality demolished 19 shops that support 60 families in Sho’afat refugee camp.
- Israeli forces continued their settlement activities in the West Bank.
– Israeli forces demolished an agricultural room in Douma village, southeast of Nablus.
– Israeli settlers caused severe damage to an ambulance belonging to the Palestine Crescent Society (PRCS).
- 7 shooting incidents were reported against the fishing boats in the sea, but no casualties were reported.
- Israeli forces turned the West Bank into cantons and continued to impose the illegal closure on the Gaza Strip for the 12th consecutive year.
– 103 permanent checkpoints, 112 temporary checkpoints and 14 closed roads obstruct the movement of Palestinian civilians in the West Bank.
– 4 civilians, including a child and woman, were arrested at the military checkpoints in the West Bank.
Israeli violations of international law and international humanitarian law in the oPt continued during the reporting period (14 – 21 November 2018).
The Israeli forces continued to use lethal force against the participants in the peaceful protests organized within the activities of the “Great March of Return and Breaking the Siege” in the Gaza Strip, which witnessed for the 34th week in a row peaceful demonstrations along the eastern and northern Gaza Strip border area. During the reporting period, the Israeli forces killed a Palestinian fisherman and wounded 115 civilians, including 25 children, 3 women, 3 journalists and 6 paramedics. Meanwhile in the West Bank, Israeli forces 15 Palestinian civilians, including 2 children and a journalist.
in the Gaza Strip, on 14 November 20188, Israeli forces killed Nawwaf al-‘Attar (23) when the Israeli soldiers opened fire at a group of fishermen near “Zikim” Military Base along the coastal border fence of the northern Gaza Strip. As a result, he was hit with a bullet to the pelvis and died. It should be mentioned that a group of amateur fishermen gathered for fishing in that area using nets that are known for catching mullets in their season which coincides this time of the year.
As part of using excessive force against the peaceful protests along the Gaza Strip borders, during the reporting period, the Israeli forces wounded 113 civilians, including 25 children, 3 women, 3 journalists and 6 paramedics.
As part of targeting the Palestinian fishermen in the sea, the Israeli forces continued to escalate their attacks against the Palestinian fishermen, indicating the on-going Israeli policy to target their livelihoods. During the reporting period in addition to the abovementioned incident that resulted in the killing of one fisherman, PCHR documented 6 other incidents.
As part of targeting the border areas on 14 November 2018, Israeli forces stationed along the border fence between the Gaza Strip and Israel, northwest of Beit Lahia wounded Taher Matter (22) and arrested him.
On 17 November 2018, Israeli soldiers stationed along the border fence between the Gaza Strip and Israel, east of al-Bureij, opened fire at a 28-year-old man when he was on Jakar Street. As a result, he was hit with a bullet to his lower limbs.
On 18 November 2018, Israeli soldiers stationed along the border fence between the Gaza Strip and Israel opened fire at the agricultural lands, eat of Johr al-Deek village. However, no casualties were reported.
In the West Bank, during the reporting period, Israeli forces wounded 15 Palestinian civilians, including 2 children and a journalist, in separate shooting incidents. The injury of one of those wounded was reported serious.
The full report is available online at:
*Office Hours are between 08:00 – 16:00 hours (05:00 GMT – 13:00 GMT) Sun – Thurs.